We are proud to endorse Supervisor Myrna Melgar for her re-election as District 7 Supervisor.
In her first term as the first ever Latina elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, Supervisor Melgar:
- Advocated for free Muni access for all youth in San Francisco
- Co-sponsored legislation to require sick leave benefits for nannies, cleaners, and gardeners
- Called out the SF Chronicle for scapegoating Honduran immigrants for the fentanyl crisis
- Stood in solidarity with California Academy of Sciences and Felton Institute workers in their efforts to unionize
- Played a leading role in the fight to save Laguna Honda Hospital
- Adding more Rent Control Units to the Housing Stock via the Family Housing Opportunities Act
We hope that in a second term, Supervisor Melgar will ensure that unhoused and housing-insecure residents in her district receive adequate resources and that she will support and champion affordable housing in her district and across the city for low-income and immigrant communities.